LOVE. RELATE. EMPOWER. MOVE.
Through the love of Christ, we build restorative relationships with individuals and families in our community, empowering them to move from crisis to self-sufficiency.
New Hope envisions a transformed community where individuals and families are safe, strong, self-sufficient, and experiencing God’s grace; where neighbors are reconciled racially, socially, and economically; and where people put aside their differences to work together to meet needs, affirm strengths, and develop leaders.
- CHRIST-CENTERED: Everything we do is centered in Jesus Christ. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13.
- HOLISTIC: Meeting needs for the whole person and the whole community so there is shalom. We do this in the hope and confidence of the good news that the Kingdom of God is here. “Seek the peace and prosperity of the city…” Jeremiah 29:7.
- EMPOWERMENT: We help people and communities help themselves, solve their own problems, use and develop their own resources and develop as leaders.
- JUSTICE AND RECONCILIATION: We practice and advocate for justice and reconciliation to be done for all people beginning with our community and expanding beyond as we are able.
- NETWORKING: Working together with agencies and individuals so there is cooperation and collaboration for the betterment of the community.
- SUPPORTIVE RELATIONSHIPS: We promote respect and dignity in all of our relationships so that people are encouraged and built up.
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Developing leaders from the community is the critical component of sustainability. “The planting of the Lord … they shall repair the ruined cities” (Isaiah 61:1-4).